Subject: Re: OFFTOPIC- PVR & Atlantis
From: Tim Krego <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 20:43:24 -0800

At 09:43 PM 3/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>O.K. I've been looking for a motherboard with a couple full length PCI slots
>>for the PVR. The only one I've seen and considered is the INTEL Atlantis.
>>Here's the breakdown.
>
>	Please respond online too: I for one would be interested.

I have heard the Intel board is junk from other PVR owners that have tried
it. The Tyan Titan III and Supermicro boards work well. DPS also sells a
riser for the PVR that raises the PCI slot to allow the board to fit almost
all motherboards. The riser is around $85.

The AMI Titan II dual pentium board has 4 PCI full length slots. It is a
full size AT mobo and it is expensive ($850 without CPUs).

You also need to make sure you can assign an IRQ to each PCI slot. My Dell
XPS100 didn't allow me to use my Adaptec 2940 and PVR at the same time. They
both tried to use the single IRQ assigned to the PCI bus. I upgraded the
bios and it allowed me to assign seperate IRQs to each PCI slot.

If anyone is interested I can email a text file that a few of us on the
ASoft forum compiled regarding the PVR, motherboards, videocards, and other
useful information.